Sunday, May 13, 2007





“sometimes you have to turn your back on your goal to get there, sometimes you’re farthest away when you’re closest, sometimes the only way is the long one”-wanderlust p 69

I realize more and more the importance of process work. Too often I get caught up in the finished product that I forget to put the work into variations. I’ve really been enjoying the work we have been doing on this trip. It has allowed me to remind myself how to create an image. How to understand the basic concepts and tools, which I believe will make my work more informative and conceptually sound.

Versailles is a perfect example of how much work is necessary in creating such a masterpiece. The incredible details of every single room, and the attention to the gardens prove that nothing comes easy. A lot of work and planning was necessary. This beauty is a result of time, constant construction and renovation.

No comments: