Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Graf




I know I already mentioned this, but the first thing I really noticed coming into Paris was the graffiti. Its hard not to notice, its everywhere. The difference here for me is the context in which the graffiti is in. I see it when I look down, on walls in the subway, on apartments, on trash cans, everywhere. And the fact that this city is so historic makes me really see a difference between old and new. I was never that interested in tags back home, but not knowing this language or culture brings another layer to the identity of the artist and the message of the tag. I find the imagery really interesting, also. Like this photos I took in Montmarte near Sacre-Coeur. I also really like the way that the graffiti covers and is covered by other text/images eventually....like in the phonebooth.

No comments: