Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dis Connects- May 10 Blog


Connects and disconnects between people, especially considering the language barrier, are more apparent here. But verbal communication is not the only form of communication and certainly not the strongest. There is something about children and breaking barriers, mayve they are just innately open-minded. They don't know that they aren't supposed to like tourists. I feel like I can make connections with children easily because I'm looking for someone to respond to a smile, or eye contact, and they always do. Especially since I am more aware and observant from being in a different place, I feel like younger here...I also feel vulnerable and am always aware of the people around me, which leads me to my interest in the children here and how they respond to the stimulus around them.

No comments: