Sunday, May 13, 2007

Seine - found drawing - Versailles



Motion was what we were experiencing, but my eyes saw stillness around us. As the daylight dimmed and electric lights began to shine, the area around the river became mesmerizing. Bridges and buildings combined with modern lighting and blue sky made everything beautiful.



Of course the Eiffel tower stood out, all lit up, and I made an image of it into a motion study by moving the camera.




Kelly watches Rachel before drawing in our sketch books



a found drawing in glass

(hfh photos)

_________________________________________________________________________

I always look at light as I make photographs. At Versailles, creating moving images that concentrated on the light added more dimensions for me. I felt I was noticing aspects of Versailles that the throngs of visitors were missing. Keeping the recordings short was a challenge. I kept following motion of the light that led into a different light situation, and I didn't want to stop.
_________________________________________________________________________

No comments: