Wednesday, May 16, 2007

mapping statue's gazes


At the Louvre I mapped the gazes of statues in different rooms. I would photograph the statue's head, then try to aproximate it's gaze and take a picture in that direction. If there was another statue in it's line of sight I would do the same for that one and so on, etc. until a statue would not be looking at anything, or look out of a window (or in this case an inaccesable elevator), or in one case at a statue with no head.

The photographs of thier gazes I used for reffrence to draw lines from thier eyes to the next statue creating a visual shorthand for thier eyeline. I used small circles in reffrence to the size of thier eyes, each one drawn with a different color, similar to how a train uses different colors to represent different routes.

No comments: